Friday, November 16, 2007

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

This book will really help anyone who needs advice about how to "motivate" your husband to do anything. I read it once about 3 years ago and it really helped me. Now don't blame me if there is stuff in there that is offensive, or that you don't agree with. I don't necessarily agree with everything she says either. But the basic principles are true.

  • Wives need to give their husbands what they need (sexually, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually)
  • Treat a man as he is, and he will never improve. Treat a man as he can become, and he will become that man.
  • A man already knows his weaknesses. He doesn't need them pointed out to him again.

Now after all of these posts about how great husbands are and how much we need to do for them, you may be thinking, "That's not fair!" What about us? Well my friends, all I have to say is that I will start talking about it when your husbands start asking about it :) And I think you will be surprised what doing these things gets you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you bolded "sexually." Why?

Ask Amy said...

I bolded it because I wanted to emphasize it. Why did I want to emphasize it? Because it really is that important. It truly is a need in marriage, and I urge anyone to truly discuss this with your spouse. If you have any more questions, feel free to share. Thanks!

jeanine said...

This is a wonderful book... I agree!