Friday, June 6, 2008

Not my Advice

What do you do when it seems like everything you do doesn't work? Trying to motivate the husband to be better and more excited about church. I know this has been asked before but perhaps you have some more insight and information this time. Trying to get him to have a better attitude, at least that is what I think he needs, perhaps he doesn't.

Thanks for the question. You're right that I have touched on this before, and honestly I don't have any further insight. Except that I want to touch on your first sentence:

What do you do when it seems like everything you do doesn't work?
Whether you are talking about motivating your husband, or disciplining your children, or any number of things, there are always times when we all feel like this.
The solution is simple and we've heard it before, but I think it's so simple that we often "look beyond the mark."
There is someone there who is supposed to "pick up all the slack" When we've done all we can do, then it is "by His grace that we are saved."
So my answer? Pray. I know that seems almost too simple, but it's the only thing I know to do that will work with 100% gaurantee. "Pray like everything depends on Him, and then get up and work like everything depends on you." Pres. Hinckley
In your case, the "work" part is probably to sit back, listen to the Spirit and trust in your faith.
Good luck!
-Amy

No comments: