Sunday, August 2, 2009

Indulge Me

As you can see-this blog has been neglected. My life coaching has been sporadic at best. But a few private "coaching" conversations created a spark. A spark that lit my passion. My drive to help people thrive in their relationships no longer lies dormant. I crave purpose filled days and changed lives. However-life circumstances prevent me from creating a fire. A part of me resents this. But then I remember. It is not the time of my life to scribe great novels or to turn my advice filled conversations into a paycheck. It is the time of my life, however, to raise up two (for now) little ones with the hope that they can become the sort of people that will change lives. If that's all I do-it will be enough.
Tonight, after rejuvenating myself with these words, the daily fire that is called "Motherhood" burns brighter.
"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses?" (Elder Neal A. Maxwell, "The Women of God," 10-11)
I very much desire and hope to continue the service of life coaching. Not just this blog, but in all aspects of my relationships. But I hope that I can always remember to keep the flames of this career in check. That when my days are filled with unsatisfying mundane tasks, and I long for a sense of recognition and purpose, that I can remember and proudly say, "I am a Mother." And it is enough.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Thank you - this was a timely reminder for me. You touch lives - more than you know. Hope you guys are doing well.